Monday, April 14, 2008

Five minutes of Peace


I wish to give you five minutes of peace. I would rather give you even longer but 5 minutes might be all you need to get back to a calm spot that will carry you through whatever you might have to face today.

Starting this very second if you have five minutes I want you to clear your mind of anything at all. Stop your worrying.
Stop your planning.
Stop complaining.
Just plain stop and be grateful for five minutes of pure uninterrupted quietness.

Now think about things that you are thankful for.
It might be your family, your pet, your friends.
It might be your car or your house, or your bicycle.
Be thankful for those things that are right in front of you.
Be happy for those that love you, that show up when you are down, that bring you presents on your birthday.
Think nice thoughts about them. These are the people that are there to pick you up when you can't pick yourself up. Be there for them also it will bring more happiness to you.
Be happy right now. Don't worry about the rest of the day or tomorrow or next week be happy right now.

Here are some of the things I am grateful for this moment right in front of me:
Air conditioning
Clean Clothes
A glass of ice cold tea
my computer
My wife
my sleeping children
my children are a sleep!
comfortable roof over my head
peace and quiet
a nice lamp
my bed which I will be in soon.

Thank God for the little things and the big ones will be just as wonderful!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU!!! I am always so stressed out of my mind, and I don't take anything for granted. now that i think about it i never fear for my life like people in any countries, and now my broken Xbox seems like a tiny detail in the scope of the entire world

Walter said...

I thank you for you post. I never thought anyone would ever read it. Thanks,
Walter

animaxXx said...

Loved it Walter, thanx!